Mandate for Nordic Information on Gender 2016–2018
The Nordic Council of Ministers has decided to place NIKK (Nordic Information on Gender) as a cooperative body at the Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research, University of Gothenburg, Sweden. The assignment will last until 2022.
- Gather and strategically disseminate research, policy, knowledge and practice in the area of gender equality in a Nordic and cross-sectoral perspective.
- Represent MR-JÄM in various forums and has a particular responsibility to disseminate information about MR-JÄM’s work.
- Assist MR-JÄM, EK-JÄM (Nordic Committee of Senior Officials for Gender Equality) or the Presidency by coordinating activities and projects and support these by sharing its expertise, experience, contacts and communication channels of relevance to the Nordic cooperation.
- Contribute with ideas and material for new prioritisations, activities and projects in connection with the development of Nordic sector, action and cooperation programmes within the field of gender equality.
- NIKK may accept assignments from the rest of the Nordic Council of Ministers provided additional resources are allocated.
- NIKK administers MR-JÄM’s funding scheme The Nordic Gender Equality Fund in accordance with applicable guidelines.