The goal of Nordic co-operation on gender equality in the programme period 2019-2022 is to contribute to effective work in the Nordic countries, the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland, and to increase awareness about gender equality among the people of the Region, parliamentarians, governments and the Nordic Council of Ministers’ own organs and projects. The cooperation policy for Nordic gender equality 2019-2022 can be downloaded in PDF here.
The themes are:
Gender equality in the public sphere
- Women and men have equal access to and opportunities to influence and participate in decision-making processes and in the design of the Nordic welfare societies.
- Women and men in the Nordic countries have equal access to and opportunities to participate in the media.
- The sexualisation of public space is counteracted.
- The backlash against gender equality is countered, as is gender-based hate speech.
Welfare and innovation
- Women, men, girls and boys in the Nordic region have equal access to education, learning and research, in order to develop their personal ambitions, interests and talents.
- Women and men in the Nordic region have equal opportunities to participate in the labour market and to be financially independent.
- Women and men in the Nordic region have equal opportunities to reconcile family life and work.
- There will be a zero-tolerance approach to gender-related violence.
- Knowledge of the health of women, men, boys and girls is improved, and that women, men, boys and girls have equal access to health care, social services and opportunities for good health and well-being.
Plus two themes for the entire cooperation programme:
- Sustainable development with a focus on diversity
- Facilitate mens’ and boys’ participation in gender equality work